The Dirty Diaper

Because the web is full of it.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

 

Please, don't call. I don't want to talk to you.

“I’m meeting with the hiring manager on Tuesday, and will certainly bring your resume to him in the discussion.”

“May I call you Wednesday to follow up?” I asked.

“Certainly,” she said, “Please, call me. We do not operate under a ‘Don’t-call-us-we’ll-call-you’ system here. I’m more than happy to talk again.”

On Wednesday afternoon, I telephoned, but got the friendly default voicemail message, “You’ve reached Wendy. I am either away from my desk or on the other line. Please leave a message and I’ll return your call as soon as I can.” I did. I also followed that call with e-mail.

Wednesday ended with no response to either. Thursday drifted by without a word. On Friday, I left another voicemail and e-mail to her attention, but to no avail.

Now the weekend is here, and no response.

It is truly mind-boggling that in the day of electronic communication, people have completely discarded professional courtesy. How hard is it to pick up the phone and return a call? How difficult can it be to respond to e-mail? And even if the response is bad news, how hard can it be if you’re a recruiter? Isn’t that your job?

How the hell did you get your job? You? To actually recruit others when you don’t do it?

Comments:
Some people got no class. Most HR people got no class. Why they post jobs is beyond me. Why they interview is beyond me. Maybe it's to make them feel like they're doing something important, like keeping people on a string. HR people got no class.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   February 2007   April 2007   August 2007   September 2007   November 2007   December 2007   September 2008   October 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]