The Dirty Diaper

Because the web is full of it.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

Log On, Or Look Out

The team meeting ended with a discussion from our leader, “I don’t want to be the asshole, but I need to discuss something with all of you.

“As all of you know, now we’re in our push for corporate donations to BigBigCharity, and part of that is asking all the employees to log on to BigBigCharity’s website and either donate or opt out. As of today, many of the departments have achieved 100 percent log-on participation, but our department has less than 20 percent of the people doing so. I would love to see our team get to 100 percent because it shows that we’re engaged.”

At this point, one of my co-workers said, “I hate getting those e-mails. And I do not think I should have to log on to say no.”

Leaderboy responded, “But that is how we know that you don’t want to donate.”

Then I chimed in, “I would like to offer some perspective on this. First, I know it’s okay to ask employees to donate to a charity, but you run the risk of illegal activity if you’re asking us again because we have chosen not to. You know I’m not blaming you, Leaderboy, but speaking rhetorically here. However, I would imagine that the poor log-on rate is the actual answer: that people do not want to log on or engage; they are saying 'no' by not logging on.”

To which Leaderboy responded, “I understand that. But the problem is that by not logging on to their site, it shows our leadership that we are not engaged. And our leaders start to ask the question that if the teams won’t be engaged with corporate activity, then why should we be asked to run a multi-billion dollar company? So it’s in our best interest to log on and opt out of any more messaging.”

Meeting over.

I choose not to donate when asked, then am given a veiled threat if I don't.

By the way. I did log in and "opt out." It's not worth the risk to allow these retards to either respect that I do not wish to take part or fire me.

And I would say something to HR if it mattered.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   February 2007   April 2007   August 2007   September 2007   November 2007   December 2007   September 2008   October 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]